Unnormal Normalcy

Just News and Ramblings From Your Average Author

Today’s Adventures

It’s been a busy, busy day.

Today was the first day of my third semester at Monroe Community College, and it was crazy. I got there at 8:30 just to get a parking place, but I still had to park quite a distance from the door because half of the parking lot I always use was taken up by big green dumpsters and construction trailers. When I finally got inside, I turned to go down the hall to my right, as I always do, and was confronted by a wall of drywall that had never been there before. I then had to make my way through that building in ways that I never had gone before. Many of the hallways were blocked off by walls of drywall, and others existed that never had before. Meanwhile, men in hardhats were telling students how to get places around the construction zones.

Once I made it through there and back to familiar halls, I found out where I had to go to hand in my certificate of residency so I would only be charged half-price for my tuition – and stood in line for fifteen minutes. When that was finally taken care of, I found the line for IDs. Now, if I had been smart the last two semesters, I would have gotten an ID sooner, but I didn’t think I needed one until now. As I stood in line, I was informed that it would be another half an hour before I could get my picture taken. It was almost 9:15 by then, and I had class at 9:30. Needless to say, I abandoned the line.

The class I had at 9:30 was an astronomy class, which I found very interesting for the first day. I was supposed to have a political science class at 11:00, but when I got down there, there were only three other students waiting for it. When the teacher didn’t show up by 11:05, we decided it was canceled and left. (When I went home and looked, I discovered that it had been changed to a different room without me being informed. Nice of them.) Only then did I go stand in line for my ID, and buy my $150 astronomy textbook.

On my way home I stopped at Best Buy to find out why the printer I ordered a month ago wasn’t in yet. Come to find out, it had been in for a while and no one had bothered to call me. So, the woman asked me for my ID to prove it was me, and I had to go out to the car to get it. Serves me right for thinking “I already paid for it, I don’t need my wallet.”

The only thing I have to say about today is, thank god I don’t have to work tonight. -_-


September 7, 2010 - Posted by | Life

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: